EL DORADO NATURE RESERVE – ACCOMMODATION
Named after the legendary city of gold, El Dorado is the ProAves’ flagship reserve and the holy Grail for birding in the Americas. EL Dorado Nature Reserve includes 10 rooms and five Kogihabs offering wonderful views of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and its legendary sunsets over the Caribbean Sea.
You must make a reservation prior to your visit.
Visitors will enjoy full board including
- Conservation Fee (US$50)
- Breakfast (value US $8) – Restaurant Hours: From 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 am.
- Lunch (value $15) – Restaurant Hours: 12:00 m to 2:00 pm.
- Dinner (value $15) – Restaurant Hours: From 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Depending on arrival time, visitors can enjoy lunch and/or dinner.
- Internet access when possible.
- Unlimited water, coffee, tea and fruit.
- Bird watching of endemic bird species, feeders as well as different species of mammals and wildlife in general.
- Enjoy trails, observation towers, terraces and seating areas.
- If you would like a private guide please add it to your reservation.
- Visit our Things to do page for more details.
Our NEW KOGIHABS are located about 15 minutes from the main lodge, these rooms are only recommended for visitors able to walk through the forest in uneven paths.
The Sierra Nevada Eco-Center welcomes visitors and has an Eco-shop; ideal for buying gifts and souvenirs that support conservation. The Blue Moon Restaurant serves excellent meals. Relax and enjoy beautiful views from the bar, whilst having a drink in the evening.
Due to its location conditions EL Dorado Nature Reserve often has electric power cuts, we please enjoy candles and bring your personal flashlight with you.
You must make your reservation with no less than 24 hours in advance. Walk-in reservations are not allowed at any of the EcoLodges.