EL DORADO ECOLODGE LOCATION
Located about 3.5 hours from Santa Marta and 2 hours from Minca, it is necesary to have a 4×4 vehicle due to the road conditions after Minca. A mecca for birding in the Americas, the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta rises 19,000 feet from the Caribbean coast.
Altitud: 900 – 2600 meters (1900m lodge) Climate: Mild 18 C (65 F), misty. Dry season: Nov-April
We can arrange your pick up from Santa Marta, Minca, Cartagena, or any other location close by, just add it to your stay in the BOOK NOW page. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Santa Marta Airport to El Dorado Ecolodge – 3.5 hours
- Cartagena International Airport to El Dorado Ecolodge – 5 hours
- Barranquilla International Airport to El Dorado Ecolodge – 4 hours
- Barlovento to El Dorado Ecolodge – 3. 5 hours
- Minca to El Dorado Ecolodge – 1.5 hours
When planning your trip to El Dorado please take into consideration:
- Allow at least 3.5 hours to arrive to the Ecolodge from Santa Marta.
- When departing from the Eco lodge to Santa Marta Airport allow at least 5.0 hours.
- Bring outdoors clothing and equipment such as walking boots, head torch, rain jacket, sun cream etc.
- Please let us know your approximate arrival time so that we can prepare either lunch or/and dinner.
- We recommend you arrive when there’s still day light (before 6:00pm).
- Temperatures can drop at night time. Average 10 oC – 15 oC in the early mornings; please bring appropriate clothing.
- During raining season ( May – Oct approximately), please bring appropriate waterproof clothing including a small umbrella which can be surprisingly useful.
El Dorado is the ultimate place to relax and enjoy nature, amid spectacular views and abundant wildlife. Its emerald forests invite encounters with a wide variety of wildlife.
You must make your reservation with no less than 24 hours in advance. Walk-in reservations are not allowed at any of the EcoLodges.