EL DORADO NATURE RESERVE – ACCOMMODATION
Named after the legendary city of gold, El Dorado is the ProAves’ flagship reserve and One of the most important birding sites in South America. El Dorado Nature Reserve includes 10 rooms and five Kogihabs (individual huts, inspired by the architecture of the kogui indigenous tribe) offering wonderful views of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and its legendary sunsets over the Caribbean Sea.
You must make a reservation prior to your visit.
Visitors will enjoy full board including
- Internet access when possible.
- Unlimited water, coffee, tea and fruit.
- Bird watching of endemic bird species, feeders as well as different species of mammals and wildlife in general.
- Enjoy trails, observation towers, terraces and seating areas.
- If you would like a private guide please contact us to check availability.
- Visit our Things to do page for more details.
The KOGIHABS are located about 15 minutes from the main lodge, these rooms are only recommended for visitors able to walk through the forest in uneven paths. For more information go to book now.
The Sierra Nevada Eco-Center welcomes visitors and has an Eco-shop; ideal for buying gifts and souvenirs that support conservation. The Blue Moon Restaurant serves excellent meals to a set menu of lovingly prepared Colombian food. Relax and enjoy beautiful views from the bar, whilst having a drink in the evening.
Due to the remote location and weather conditions El Dorado often has electric power cuts, so please bring a flashlight with you and enjoy connecting with nature without the distraction of modern day technology.
You must make your reservation at least, 24 hours before arrival. Walk-in reservations are not allowed at any of the EcoLodges.