EL DORADO ECOLODGE LOCATION
Located about 3.5 hours from Santa Marta and 2 hours from Minca, it is necesary to have a 4×4 vehicle due to the road conditions after Minca. A mecca for birding in the Americas, the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta rises 19,000 feet from the Caribbean coast.
Altitud: 900 – 2600 meters (1900m lodge) Climate: Mild 18 C (65 F), misty. Dry season: Nov-April
We can arrange your pick up from Santa Marta, Minca, Cartagena, or any other location close by. For more information contact us at email@example.com
- Santa Marta Airport to El Dorado Ecolodge – 3.5 hours
- Cartagena International Airport to El Dorado Ecolodge – 5 hours
- Barranquilla International Airport to El Dorado Ecolodge – 4 hours
- Barlovento to El Dorado Ecolodge – 3. 5 hours
- Minca to El Dorado Ecolodge – 1.5 hours
When planning your trip to El Dorado please take into consideration:
- Allow at least 3.5 hours to arrive to the Ecolodge from Santa Marta.
- When departing from the Eco lodge to Santa Marta Airport allow at least 5.0 hours.
- Bring outdoors clothing and equipment such as walking boots, head torch, rain jacket, sun cream etc.
- Please let us know your approximate arrival time so that we can prepare either lunch or/and dinner.
- We recommend you arrive when there’s still day light (before 6:00pm).
- Temperatures can drop at night time. Average 10 oC – 15 oC in the early mornings; please bring appropriate clothing.
- During raining season ( May – Oct approximately), please bring appropriate waterproof clothing including a small umbrella which can be surprisingly useful.
El Dorado is the ultimate place to relax and enjoy nature, amid spectacular views and abundant wildlife. Its emerald forests invite encounters with a wide variety of wildlife.
You must make your reservation with no less than 24 hours in advance. Walk-in reservations are not allowed at any of the EcoLodges.